We are always in need of volunteers at Northern Star.
There are several ways to get involved:
- Business/Organization Partnerships (offer employment or apprenticeship opportunities to our program participants, or sponsor our organization and/or participants)
- Sign up to receive email updates and volunteer for special events
- Mentor program participants
- Transport participants to work, school, interviews, doctor appointments, etc.
- Make food donations
- Serve as a mentor family
- Maintain the property and/or lawn
- Tutor program participants as needed
- Teach and/or help participants practice life skills
- Become a committee member (e.g. fundraising, public relations, grants, etc.)
- Help with office/clerical work
- Sit on our board of directors
- and many more!
If you would like to become a volunteer or have any questions or concerns, please contact our volunteer coordinator, Joy Dunbar, at NorthernStarVolunteer@gmail.com, or our Executive Director, Mandy Williams, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We apologize for any inconvenience with the volunteer form we previously had on our site – please send us an email if you submitted a volunteer request before and were not contacted.
Volunteer Information Form – Routine volunteers that will have contact with program participants must fill out this form along with the Confidentiality agreement.
Volunteer Liability Waiver – will need signed by groups and individuals who will physically be completing work on any of Northern Star’s properties.
Mentor & Mentor Family Applicaitons:
*Please email forms to email@example.com or bring with you and give to staff upon volunteering.