How can you help?
- Give a one-time donation below.
- Volunteer your time. Become a mentor, mentor family, transporter, tutor, teach a life skill – there are many options available. Click here for more information.
- Be an Annual Sponsor: provide financial support on a regular basis.
- Attend and participate in fundraising events.
- Donate household and personal items (needs listed below)
- Spread the word. Help Northern Star to become a life-changing organization by sharing our unique needs with the community. Visit us on Facebook here.
Northern Star is a public, nonprofit organization
and all donations are tax deductible.
To make a financial contribution to Northern Star via credit card/PayPal, please follow this link:
We can also accept cash or check donations made payable to Northern Star, Inc. and mailed to PO Box 1781, Dahlonega, GA 30533.
*If you are an IRA owner age 70 1/2 or older you are eligible to donate tax-free from your IRA directly to a nonprofit. Follow the IRS link for details http://www.irs.gov/uac/Special-Charitable-Contributions-for-Certain-IRA-Owners
To donate household items and supplies, please review the list below.
Northern Star, Inc.
PO Box 1781
Dahlonega, GA 30533
Or arrange donation drop off at our office, located at 46-B Memorial Drive, Dahlonega, GA.
Household and hygiene item donations are always appreciated:
- toilet paper and paper towels
- HE laundry detergent, bleach & fabric softener
- household cleaning products
- body wash and bar soap
- shaving cream & razors
- feminine hygiene products
- toothpaste & toothbrushes
- hair brushes
- shampoo & conditioner
- dish & hand soap
- over the counter medications (such as Tylenol, Motrin, Benadryl, Aleve, Advil)
- non-perishable food items