Northern Star is a public, nonprofit organization
and all donations are tax deductible.
To make a financial contribution to Northern Star via credit card or PayPal, please follow this link:
*If you are an IRA owner age 70 1/2 or older you are eligible to donate tax-free from your IRA directly to a nonprofit. Follow the IRS link for details http://www.irs.gov/uac/Special-Charitable-Contributions-for-Certain-IRA-Owners
To donate via check or wish list items, drop off or mail to:
Northern Star, Inc.
24 Alicia Lane, Suite 3
Dahlonega, GA 30533
How can you help?
- Volunteer your time. Become a mentor, mentor family, transporter, tutor, teach a life skill – there are many options available. Click here for more information
- Give a one-time or recurring donation below.
- Donate household and personal items (needs listed below)
- Spread the word. Help Northern Star to become a life-changing organization by sharing our unique needs with the community. Visit us on Facebook here.
- Mentor program participants
- Transport participants to work, school, interviews, doctor appointments, etc.
- Make food donations
- Serve as a mentor family
- Maintain the property and/or lawn
- Tutor program participants as needed
- Teach and/or help participants practice life skills
- Become a committee member (e.g. fundraising, public relations, grants, etc.)
- Help with office/clerical work
- Become a member of the board of directors
- Business/Organization Partnerships (offer employment or apprenticeship opportunities to our program participants, or sponsor our organization and/or participants)
- Sign up to receive email updates and volunteer for special events
- and many more!
Household and hygiene item donations are always appreciated:
- toilet paper and paper towels
- HE laundry detergent, bleach & fabric softener
- household cleaning products
- body wash and bar soap
- shaving cream & razors
- feminine hygiene products
- toothpaste & toothbrushes
- hair brushes
- shampoo & conditioner
- dish & hand soap
- over the counter medications (such as Tylenol, Motrin, Benadryl, Aleve, Advil)
- non-perishable food items
*Our participants love receiving Zaxby’s, Chick-Fil-A and Walmart gift cards for special occasions or achievements.