How can you help?
- Volunteer your time. Become a mentor, transporter, tutor, campus maintenance and yard work, help with building the new campus – there are many options available, see below for more needs.
- $$. Give a one-time or recurring donation below.
- Supply Donation. Household and personal items (needs listed below)
- Serve on a Committee or Board of Directors.
- Spread the word. Help Northern Star to become a life-changing organization by sharing our unique needs with the community. Visit us on Facebook here.
- Mentor family
- Transport participants to work, school, interviews, doctor appointments, etc.
- Campus maintenance and yard work
- Tutors for GED, High School, and College
- Teach and/or help participants practice life skills
- Committee member (e.g. fundraising, public relations, grants, etc.)
- Help with office/clerical work
- Board member
- Business/Organization Partnerships (offer employment or apprenticeship opportunities to our program participants)
- Sign up to receive email update
- Special events and activities – birthdays, holiday, outings
Northern Star is a public, nonprofit organization
and all donations are tax deductible.
To make a financial contribution to Northern Star via credit card or PayPal, please follow this link:
To donate via check:
Northern Star, Inc.
24 Alicia Lane, Suite 3
Dahlonega, GA 30533
New Campus Project is in full swing! Our Home Depot Wish List is a great way to support this project:
*If you are an IRA owner age 70 1/2 or older you are eligible to donate tax-free from your IRA directly to a nonprofit. Follow the IRS link for details http://www.irs.gov/uac/Special-Charitable-Contributions-for-Certain-IRA-Owners
- toilet paper and paper towels
- HE laundry detergent, bleach & fabric softener
- household cleaning products
- body wash and bar soap
- toothpaste & toothbrushes
- hair brushes
- shampoo & conditioner
- dish & hand soap
- over the counter medications (such as Tylenol, Motrin, Benadryl, Aleve, Advil)
- non-perishable food items
*Our participants love receiving Zaxby’s, Chick-Fil-A and Walmart gift cards for special occasions or achievements.